Sign in to follow this  
markadeane

747-400ER - mod possible?

I am trying to fly YMML-KLAX with a reasonable load on board. QANTAS flys the route with the 747-400ERHas anyone here 'overloaded' the 744 up to the 412.8 tonnes of the ER model and flown it? Did it work?What mods (if any) would be required to the airfile to simulate the higher 241,140 litres maximum of the ER model? If I were to increase the centre tank capacity to cover the extra 28,300 L would there be any obvious issues? (Other than support no longer being offered?)

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Another idea. Leave this product the way it is unless you want to live with consequences of butchered air file, fuel system and/or other unwelcome side effects. Instead make sure you have very good tail winds - it is not difficult to edit winds either using the FS9-built weather or Active Sky. Michael J.http://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_744F.jpghttp://www.hifisim.com/images/asv_beta_member.jpg

Michael,I agree that such a mod does have it's risks and I am more than happy with the aircraft as it is. HOWEVER I want to fly MML-LAX and the 747-400 does not fly this route (at all I think?), the ER does. The extra weight of the aircraft will cause different behaviours which is what I am interested in simulating. I can easily modify the wind to favour my flightplan but that's hardly realistic.My question really is, will the EICAS fuel synoptic page support a higher CTR tank fuel value if I modify the fuel capacity. I'm well aware that the 744 fuel system is highly complex so I know I'm walking on thin ice if I change things without checking on the general feasibility. A simple 'yes it can be done but be mindful of ' or 'no it can't be done without code changes' from PMDG would be great.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg