Sign in to follow this  
Guest pup

Crackling static sound in external view

Guest pup

I have the latest version of 747-400 V1.10 Unfortunately I have the same crackling static problem...I have read many of the forum questions concerning this problem, however I don't have a Sound blaster card. I am running game from a fast laptop with "Soundmax Integrated Digital Audio" sound card. And it appears from the Toshiba (laptop) website I have the latest drivers. "was directed there by Soundmax site.."I have tried...*Muting all other inputs under the windows mixer except wave,*Moving Sound hardware acceleration away from full in DXDIAG*Turning wave sound down*Turning down internal volumeUnfortunately none of this has solved the static sound in external viewDoes anyone have any other suggestions???Thanks Glen.....

Glen-This sounds like a memory issue.....Sound files by nature tend to be large. Some of the external sounds for the 400 are quite large, even as far as sound files go.I don't think it's inconceivable that you are taxing the limits of the sound system in your laptop. I can on mine- and get the same results.The -400 likes resources. It's not the worst offender out there- but it is heavy on resource consumption.

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest pup

I just want to try as many things as possible....It is such an awesome add on, the crackling just gets annoying and takes away from the realism...Possibly anyhting else you can suggest???Is there any option???? No matter how wierd I'll try it ThanksGlen......ps. all other add ons seem to run O.K?

Guest jrowsell

>Glen->>This sounds like a memory issue.....>>Sound files by nature tend to be large. Some of the external>sounds for the 400 are quite large, even as far as sound files>go.>>I don't think it's inconceivable that you are taxing the>limits of the sound system in your laptop. I can on mine- and>get the same results.>>The -400 likes resources. It's not the worst offender out>there- but it is heavy on resource consumption.>I also have the same issue. Interesting enough I have onboard soundmax audio as well on my system. I have a P4-3.0 Gig system with 1GIG of RAM. ATI X800XL Video. My system is fairly recent. The motherboard is a p4p800s asus with soundmax integrated audio. My system is pretty simple. I did a fresh OS install recently. I only have 4 addon aircraft installed (pmdg 1900c, 737ng, 747-400, lds 767) No extra scenery or addons. Just fs2004 and some extra aircraft.I posted the problem in other threads. Odd thing is that it only happens with the queen. All my other pmdg addons and others work flawless with audio.Regards,Jeff