Sign in to follow this  
Guest pup

Fixed the Crackling static in 744!!

Guest pup

I was about to give up and just try and put up with that noise alot of us know about, because none of the solutions seemed to work on my machine. I don't have a sound blaster card and was not able to update drivers. Reducing hardware acceleration in DXDIAG didn't work either. Here's how I came across a fix that worked for me..*Control Panel*Sounds and Audio Devices icon*Volume Tab*Advanced Link, under Speaker Settings*Performance Tab*Then moving the "Sample rate conversion quality" slider from the position of "BEST" down to "GOOD"This has solved all of the scratching/static/crackling problems for me. And to think I was going to give up.I hope this information helps someone... It's such an awesome add on and finally feels right..Good LuckGlen

>This has solved all of the scratching/static/crackling>problems for me. And to think I was going to give up.>>I hope this information helps someone... It's such an awesome>add on and finally feels right..>>Good Luck>>GlenIs there any degredation in sound quality that is noticeable?- John

Guest pup

I don't think so... Haven't given it much thought because I was so relieved to have got have got rid of the static.Sounds greatGlen