Sign in to follow this  
Olympic260

Correct way to start the 744 Cold and Dark

At least this is how it's working with me.Don't use any saved flights.Start FS -> fly now Select the default Cessna and go to the airpot/stnad you want. Turn the magnetos off BUT leave the BATTERY and ALTENATOR switches ON.Load 744, Now the only thinks you have to do is Turn the BAT OFF nad Put IRS to OFF and voila a cold and dark cockpit.Chris Makris

Chris Makris

PLEASE NOTE PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest AJ

The best way is to manually set up the cockpit the way you want it (completely cold and dark, or however you like it) and then save the panel state (Using the PMDG drop down menu). Now you can easily get the aircraft to the precise preflight state you prefer at anytime. This avoids things like the battery switch or fule cutoff switches being in the on position. Andrew

Guest Skedflyer

I agree with Andrew, starting a flight C&D by shutting down the cessna 1st, may work well for some aircraft, but with a plane as advanced as the 744 I would suggest setting up your own C&D panel state. Cessna C&D and changing your aircraft to more advanced panel's always sems to lead to problems.

Hi DennisSorry, I'm from Switzerland and my english it's not very good.How exacly I've to get my C+D with 747-400? As today I used the method with the Cessna. You suggest to setting my own C+D panel state, but how?Thanks a lot and sorryregards Marcel

Guest chrisnorris

What's wrong with the PMDG C&D default?

Guest AJ

>Hi Dennis>>Sorry, I'm from Switzerland and my english it's not very>good.>>How exacly I've to get my C+D with 747-400? As today I used>the method with the Cessna. You suggest to setting my own C+D>panel state, but how?>>Thanks a lot and sorry>>regards MarcelMarcel,This information is in the first chapter of the manual. Read pages 0-13... 0-15.Andrew