Sign in to follow this  
Flightsummer

747-1.1 four small questions...

Hello!Here are four questions I couldn't answer myself...1.) Why does the FMC "PROGRESS" page 1 calculates 15 minutes from start to a position of 500 ft altitude when it needs only about one minute to reach that position?2.) The "PROGRESS" page 1 shows the estimated remaining fuel. After flying a HOLD it was about 1.800 kgs less than before. Is it possible that the FMC disobeys the holding when it calculates the remaining fuel although the holding is part of the flighplan from the beginning?3.) After landing I got the message "FUEL DISAGREE - PROG 2". The "PROGRESS" page 1 showed a calculated number almost equal to the EICAS FUEL. The TOTALIZER "PROGRESS" on page 2 showed a difference of minus 12.700 kgs. Why?4.) The flight changes from cruise to descend, but the indication on the UPPER EICAS doesn't change from CRZ to DES. Is that ok?Does anybody knows the explanations?

Hi!Please, it would be nice to get an answer - otherwise I am worried that there is something wrong with my new queen...

Hi!The problem keeps going on: after each flight and landing I get the message "FUEL DIFFERENCE - PROG 2". And indeed the PROGRESS page 2 shows a big difference between the TOTALIZER and the CALCULATED amount. But this difference appears not before landing.This happens only now after the update. Does anybody knows the reason?

Guest Just747-400

Dear Ruediger,I cannot duplicate your problem at all, would you be so kind and send me your saved position and the fpl for that scenario?I would like to test that scenario and figure out what it might be the problem.alexei.nicolov@hotmail.com

Rudeiger,I also once encountered after SU1 the PROG2 FUEL DISAGREE message, and about 10 000 lbs difference between CALCULATED and TOTALIZED, without any reason.Even more strange, after pushing the 'PREV PAGE' to display PROG 1 the TOTALIZED fuel amount compeltely disappeared from display on PROG 2. So your question hits me, but it happened only once and at the end of a flight during which I had made LOTS of change on the route...I havent had the time to check the manual yet about that FUEL DISAGREE message.So I dont know if there's an issue or not.

Hi There!Just loaded the new patch about an hour ago. I am experiencing the same problem as you are. The flight I used is the "cold & Dark" startup from KLAX - KEDW. This flight is used with the 747-400 Standard Procedures Guide by Jarod "Smitty" Smith. I hope this will help insolving the problem.

Thank you for all the responds! What happens is that during the whole flight both values are the same, no difference between totalizer and the calculated one. At the moment of landing the calculated amount is about 10.000 kgs smaller than the correct totalizer amount.This problem occured directly after the update. So I deleted all and installed it again, including the interim update 1.2 and the most last one.@Hi Alex!that is very kind. Here is the flightplan. It's a short flight from EDDH to EDDL, about 30 minutes.

Guest Just747-400

So far, I would say that when loaded

Hi Alex,I'll try it - but may be tomorrow. Now it's late in germany and my wife calls for sleeping - what shall I do?

Alex......:-( For some reason, this was bugging me, so I decided to do a quick test on my own - not starting from a cold and dark cockpit alas.Took off normally from LFPG, just climbed 6000 feets and went back landing at LFPG straight away with a small route input in the FMC.everything goes fine untill touch down actually.Then, once I cleared the runway I stopped on the taxiway and I checked the PROG 2 page:http://aiarnaud.free.fr/pics/fuel1.jpgThe calculated fuel displays a big gap with the TOTALIZED, first shot.Then, when resetting the ROUTE page (deleting origin airport), I get this FMC message:http://aiarnaud.free.fr/pics/fuel2.jpgGoing back to PROG2, I read the difference, and the most weird is when pressing the USE prompt, it erase all CALCULATED data...http://aiarnaud.free.fr/pics/fuel3.jpgYou can see between the time of touchdown and the moment I stopped on the taxiway, the CALCULATED fuel even went lower, as if the FUEL was still being computed.http://aiarnaud.free.fr/pics/fuel4.jpgI do not want to say anything, I am just waiting for some others to do the test and see what they get.Again, I did not use any cold and dark start situation, and I never use any saved flights. Also, I did not make any change to the route in the FMC when airborne.I installed SU1 (DEC01) on a clean released version.

Guest Just747-400

I will try that flight; would you give me some data about this flight?

Alex-Thanks,I am afraid you dont need to do the exact same flight I did. Just take off from your own usual airport, only a take-off/landing with a small valid route in the FMC and see what happens. I will do more short flights today myself to see what happens.

Guys,I have been doing few test flights again, trying to define more precisely when the problem happens.This time, tested at Miami Intl, KMIA.First case, with a valid route input int the FMC. After landing, same result:http://aiarnaud.free.fr/pics/fuel5.jpgNow second test, withtout any route input in the FMC, same runway same MIA airport:http://aiarnaud.free.fr/pics/fuel6.jpgbasically, the fuel amount difference between TOTALIZER and CALCULATEDpopps up when disconnecting AP prior to runway exit.Hope to see some other results here.

Guest Just747-400

Hey Guys,Unfortunately we are talking about another bug here. The farther it is the holding the bigger is the difference between the calculated and totalizer. Without holding is somewhere close to 2-3 tons difference.Sorry, problem noted and passed along to the gurus.