Sign in to follow this  
744pilot

REV. with Anti-Ice on

Hi,I have a question regarding Anti-Ice on landings.The 2 past flights I made a landing with anti-ice on and on both flights the temp. was around +2C degrees. But when I landed I couldn't select REV. so I slowed down with the wheelbrakes.But three flights ago, I didn't needed the TAI yet and was still possible to select TAI ON. Is this a bug?And since the "Anti-Ice ON" season is started I would like to have the ability to Select REV with TAI ON.Thanks

Guest neeraj.pendse

What is TAI? Turbine Anti-Ice? Can you turn it OFF and then select REV on rollout? This is very interesting ... my hats off to PMDG if they have modelled to this level of detail.New things to find each day.- Neeraj

Hello again,Why is it that if I want to enter an altitude in the "STEP TO" LSK on the VNAV CRZ page that I get an invalid entry message? Also, If I select a step size of 2000 for example, you get the next altitude in BIG FONT in the STEP TO field while it actualy should be SMALL FONT.This takes us to the ND. If I enter a "S" climb in the legs page for a few waypoints I do not get the S/C labol on the ND for that specific waypoint.Second thing. LSK1L in the progress page is shown BIG FONT instad of SMALL FONT.And last of all. I you're at cruise altitude in VNAV and you press the spd intv shouldn't you see speed instad of mach?ThanksPS. Any answer to my NACELLE ANTI-ICE PROBLEM.

>Hi,>>I have a question regarding Anti-Ice on landings.>The 2 past flights I made a landing with anti-ice on and on>both flights the temp. was around +2C degrees. But when I>landed I couldn't select REV. so I slowed down with the>wheelbrakes.>But three flights ago, I didn't needed the TAI yet and was>still possible to select TAI ON. Is this a bug?>And since the "Anti-Ice ON" season is started I would like to>have the ability to Select REV with TAI ON.>>ThanksHi Ramon,Read this thread from the temporary forum. It' an issue that was recognized. NAI causes an engine idle issue that does not allow the REV thrusters to be engaged upon landing:http://pmdg.forumsplace.com/message-3337.html&highlight=- John

>>And last of all. I you're at cruise altitude in VNAV and you>press the spd intv shouldn't you see speed instad of mach?No,depends on your altitude really,it normally changes from speed to mach around 28000 or there abouts.regardsJon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

And not to forget my question. Wat can we do about that. I read the old forum topic about this issue but still don't know how to resolve this problem?

Guest jgreth123

For now just hold F2 the whole time ( or whatever you have mapped to reversers )... just make sure the repeat bar on the assignments page is firewalled to the right so it sends the repeated 'in' signal before the engine idle signal gets sent to the throttles :)It's a workaround, but nonetheless it should work for the time being.

Thanks Greth but I don't seem to find that repeated function for the throttle decrease quickly. Can you tell me were you found it? :)Thanks,

Guest jgreth123

Go to Options, Assignments (under some sub menu, just above Settings).Select the appropriate key / joystick button / axis settings in the dropdown on top.Scroll down the list until you find Throttle Decrease, on the far right part of the column is the repeat speed. Make sure it's to the right.