Sign in to follow this  
Guest MyTinCanTruck

[resolved] PMDG 747-400....MAJOR issues with patch

Guest MyTinCanTruck

I have tried to install the batch and after doing so my machine crashes so I have looked over the full PMDG site and the support board for answers and did everything that was recommended. I have ininstalled the 747 deleted my fs9.cfg deleted my PMDG folder in the applications folder under my documents I even uninstalled my 737NG's and reinstalled them. Now I cant even run the 747-400 v1.02 and I am at my wits end. I do not know what more to do. If there is an asnwer out there I would like it please.Stephen Campbell

Guest UlfB

Hi Stephen,Did you carry out each step (1-15) in Roberts list? (See topic: 'If you experience a CTD..... Read this.......' pinned on top of the forum). I made a reinstall which didn't cure the problem. But after another reinstall where I followed all the steps to the exact letter, the 747 now works just fine for me.If you didn't carry out the reinstallation exactly as instructed, pleas do another reinstall and follow the instructions with no deviations and smart shortcuts.Ulf B

Stephen-Sounds to me like you are likely doing something wrong.... The question is: "What?"Your post above doesn't provide much detail other than to say that you've gone through rather willy-nilly and deleted a bunch of things. Unfortunately- it seems like you've not read in detail what i posted above. To summarize: Problems like this are nearly always the result of "junk" that accumulates within FS9. This junk needs to be removed from time to time- or it has an impact....We saw a lot of this with the 737-800/900 when it first released, and we see a little bit of it now- but the only way we can help you is to point out how you can resolve it.....Take a good, carefuly read through my post above...We're here to help...

Robert S. Randazzo coolcap.gif

PLEASE NOTE THAT PMDG HAS DEPARTED AVSIM

You can find us at:  http://forum.pmdg.com

Guest MyTinCanTruck

Hello I think I got it now I followed the CDT post to a tee but it didnt take the first few times. I eventually had to remove my 737NG series and the 800-900 series and reloaded them. So far so good....I dont recall seing it up there on the list but you may want to put it up there. Just in case. I did notice on the 747 post that is says if you own the 737 series to load it first.Stephen M. Campbell(MyTinCanTruck)"To most people, the sky is the limit. To those who love aviation, the sky is home.........."

Guest Buck Bolduc

>Stephen->>Sounds to me like you are likely doing something wrong.... The>question is: "What?">>Your post above doesn't provide much detail other than to say>that you've gone through rather willy-nilly and deleted a>bunch of things. Unfortunately- it seems like you've not read>in detail what i posted above. To summarize: Problems like>this are nearly always the result of "junk" that accumulates>within FS9. This junk needs to be removed from time to time->or it has an impact....>>We saw a lot of this with the 737-800/900 when it first>released, and we see a little bit of it now- but the only way>we can help you is to point out how you can resolve it.....>>Take a good, carefuly read through my post above...>>We're here to help...>Robert.I had problems until I reinstalled my reg ver of FSUIPC. Apparently the service update changes a few things that don't get updated in the FSUIPC config file, or something like that?I know the minute I reinstalled things went swimmingly as a brittish buddy used to say. Just don't delete the reg/key file and it registers it's self.Regards