Sign in to follow this  
Guest Raptor

Going Around !!

Guest Raptor

Hi,I want someone to tell me how to Go Around with PMDG 744 ?I was flying .. I'm Approaching .. Clear to land .. 2000 .. atc told me to Go Around.I Pressed To/Ga button in the MCP..the aircraft is going around..flaps up to 20...What else?I cannot do it neither with 744 professional nor with FS's Aircafts.RaptorAbraham.R

Guest Raptor

Captain Thomas,I'm sorry.. it gives me nothing !After pressing TO/GA I raise Flaps on schedule then the aircraft is above the rwy directlywithout climbing ... (MCP ALT was 00000)after that, I set an altitude (rwy alt + 2000)the aircraft follows the line guides to a hold circle....then the aircraft flys another wayand still leaving along out of the circle.could you or anyone tell me step by step with more details please?Abraham .RRaptor

Guest thscholz

Abraham,Quote:---------------------------------------------------------------------without climbing ... (MCP ALT was 00000)after that, I set an altitude (rwy alt + 2000)---------------------------------------------------------------------When you're established for final approach, you should put the missed approach altitude from the charts into the MCP (usually when you extend the landing gear, but at the latest when you reach MDA).Quote:---------------------------------------------------------------------the aircraft follows the line guides to a hold circle....thenthe aircraft flys another wayand still leaving along out of the circle.---------------------------------------------------------------------That's the part I don't understand. Could you elaborate on that?Thomas

Guest Raptor

Thomas,I don't know what is missed approach altitude or where can I find MDA in FMC.can you tell me ... consider that I don't know anything about go around or MDA or msd appr .. plzzz.I depend in my flights on(Boeing 747-400 Normal Procedure's Guide)..& it doesn't talk about sth like that.step by step Catpain Thomas.Abraham .RRaptor

Guest Hawkeyeted

>Thomas,>>I don't know what is missed approach altitude or where can I>find MDA in FMC.>>can you tell me ... consider that I don't know anything about>go around or MDA or msd appr .. plzzz.>>I depend in my flights on(Boeing 747-400 Normal Procedure's>Guide)..& it doesn't talk about sth like that.>>>step by step Catpain Thomas.>>>>Abraham .R>RaptorAbraham,Each airport has its own criteria for a Missed Approach. You should memorize the procedure (from the checklist above) but remember to set MDA (minimum descent altitude) or DH (decision height)and the Missed Approach altitude based on the data provided from the chart for the particular airport in question.

You get that information from an approach plate, not the FMC. You can find approach plates online for the US at www.MyAirplane.com----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest thscholz

Missed Approach Example:Let's take the flight EGLL-KSFO from the Virgin Atlantic DVD as an example.Our destination is KSFO. The expected runway will be 28L.Having a look at the chart we see the following missed approach procedure:Climb to 600 then climbing right turn to 300 via Heading 285

Guest Raptor

Hi.,Ted,thank you. :)John Morgan,thanks for the site. :)Thomas,Now, eveything is clear. Thank you.But I still have one more thing...the chart ,, where can I get it. in FS? or another source ? .. if it is a program, give me its name plzzz.take care,Abraham

Guest jgreth123

>Hi.,>>Ted,>thank you. :)>>>John Morgan,>thanks for the site. :)>>>Thomas,>Now, eveything is clear. Thank you.>But I still have one more thing...>the chart ,, where can I get it. in FS? or another source ? ..>if it is a program, give me its name plzzz.>>>>take care,>>AbrahamHe already told you, http://www.myairplane.com under the "NOAA Approach Plates" option on the left side. Then simply enter the airport ICAO ( like KSFO for example ).

Guest Raptor

thank you all..I got it.

this is only semi-related but if PMDG happen to release a patch tidying up a few things it'd be useful if they could implement the TOGA screw feature in the VC also. I fly VC exlusively and those toggles on the throttle are hard to reach!Or is there another clickspot in the VC and I'm just an idiot...

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest AJ

>this is only semi-related but if PMDG happen to release a>patch tidying up a few things it'd be useful if they could>implement the TOGA screw feature in the VC also. I fly VC>exlusively and those toggles on the throttle are hard to>reach!>>Or is there another clickspot in the VC and I'm just an>idiot...No there is not another click spot and I agree they are hard to reach. For now the only practical solution is to assign the TOGA function to your keyboard or to a button on your controler.Andrew