Sign in to follow this  
djgodden

737 800/900 install AFTER install of QoS 747

>I've noticed that PMDG recommends installing 747 after>737TNG. I just purchased 800/900 and already have 737TNG and>747QoS up and running just fine... should I uninstall 747>before installing 800/900? >>An observation on 747QoS... after installing the 1.1 update>should the fire handles on the overhead now be visable? They>are still completely dark. Ok... no answer back, most probably because of the holidays. So, I installed 800/900 without doing any removal first. Instead of the left hand LCD I get a bunch of guages. The rest of the cockpit looks pretty much like the 600/700. Is the left (from the left seat) LCD supposed to be replaced by gauges? The screen captures on the PMDG homepage for the 800/900 show a left hand LCD and NOT guages. Thinking this was related to the QoS I deleted all the PMDG stuff and reinstalled in the order recommended... still guages vice LCD. Any ideas?

Seems I'm carrying on a conversation with myself... :0I suppose I should have looked a little closer at the little PMDG drop down menu. A little tweaking in there and *poof* my panel switched to multiple LCD vice guages. Not sure why I had to do this with 800/900 and not the 737TNG... but, oh well. All is swell here now.Merry Christmas...

I find it amazing that you expected a response from a US based company (even though you are getting one) in the middle of the night on the biggest holiday of the year here...Anyhow - this goes for everyone:DO NOT install the 737 after the 747! The PMDGOptions.dll file gets overwritten by an older one and really messes things up for the 747. The dll that comes with the 747 supports both aircraft.What you saw was the difference between the PFD/ND and the EFIS set up by the way, which are the two ways airlines can choose to have their NGs set up...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

I've noticed that PMDG recommends installing 747 after 737TNG. I just purchased 800/900 and already have 737TNG and 747QoS up and running just fine... should I uninstall 747 before installing 800/900? An observation on 747QoS... after installing the 1.1 update should the fire handles on the overhead now be visable? They are still completely dark.

I wasn't actually expecting a reply from the "company" but I hoped that the many friendly and more experienced folks that frequent this board would give me a suggestion. See... I was right. You popped in and told me why it was acting up..