Sign in to follow this  
jaguado

Any upcoming updates for the 737NG?

Well, I had a look at the upcoming 747 400F, and it will have an optional more "modern" panel. Since the 737 NG also modernised the panel in the same way in real life like in this shot-> http://www.airliners.net/open.file/754532/L/and removed the eyebrows-> http://www.airliners.net/open.file/830046/L/Is there even a remote possibility of modeling the newer panel and no eyebrows as a sort of "update"??

The clock and backup gauges are glass too? kinda scary. Hehe.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest tmetzinger

>The clock and backup gauges are glass too? kinda scary.>Hehe.>>---------------------------------------------------------------->John Morgan>Real World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private>ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.They're actually self-contained, self powered units. Which would you rather have, a unit with moving parts and an MTBF in the thousands of hours, or one with no moving parts and an MTBF in the tens of thousands of hours?

I dunno, I'm just so used to computers failing that I'm lery when I see them start creeping into cockpits. I may be young, but I fear technology like an old fogey. :-hah I did like that gag photo of the flight displays all showing the Windows blue-screen-of-death.----------------------------------------------------------------John MorganReal World: KGEG, UND Aerospace Spokane Satillite, Private ASEL 141.2 hrs, 314 landings, 46 inst. apprs.Virtual: MSFS 2004"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

John Morgan

"There is a feeling about an airport that no other piece of ground can have. No matter what the name of the country on whose land it lies, an airport is a place you can see and touch that leads to a reality that can only be thought and felt." - The Bridge Across Forever: A Love Story by Richard Bach

Guest tmetzinger

>I dunno, I'm just so used to computers failing that I'm lery>when I see them start creeping into cockpits. I may be young,>but I fear technology like an old fogey. :-hah I did like that>gag photo of the flight displays all showing the Windows>blue-screen-of-death.>There's a HUGE world of difference between the kind of POS (and I don't mean point of sale) computers we use as desktops and laptops, and the OSes that have to be able to deal with all their vagaries, and the purpose-built hardware used to drive flight deck avionics.And before anyone starts on the anti-MS meme - most OS crashes in XP are related to hardware issues. For example, let's look at the Solaris operating system - very robust and reliable when running on Sun hardware. But I get "alpha" hardware from Sun for testing, and the OS will crash _hourly_. By the time the hardware is in production, the exact same OS will run for years without a problem. In fact, if it weren't for the twice a year electrical maintenance in our data center to inspect and test ups and generator equipment, we wouldn't reboot our Sun hardware at all. Of course the sun hardware costs at least 4x as much as Dell hardware of similar horsepower.The level of quality in the avionics hardware is even better than that, particularly in the units used in transport aircraft.