Sign in to follow this  
Guest utcared

PMDG 737 NG GPS approaches

Guest utcared

Am I correct in assuming that one cannot make a GPS Instrument Approach Procedure landing in the PMDG 737 NG aircraft?Can a GPS be added in the PMDG 737 NG aircraft that will relate to the autopilot for such an approach and landing?Regards

Guest dodger

Hi , You are correct and rather i go into it here ,go to the learning center in MS2004 ,check ,using the GPS, page 8 ,The Nav/GPS Switch ,check Note at the bottom . Hope this will help . Cheers Roger.

You can make a GPS approach because that is one of the instruments (redundant, actually) feeding navigation info. The GPS waypoints are RNAV waypoints as well. If the GPS approach is in the PMDG database and is offered in the list on the ARR page, then all the waypoints will be added to the legs and displayed on the ND. You will have to close up a discontinuity perhaps just as with any waypoint modifications after authorizing with an EXEC.I have not used those yet so I don't know if the stored GPS approaches also include altitude crossings as listed in the vertical profile.

Guest tmetzinger

>You can make a GPS approach because that is one of the>instruments (redundant, actually) feeding navigation info. The>GPS waypoints are RNAV waypoints as well. If the GPS approach>is in the PMDG database and is offered in the list on the ARR>page, then all the waypoints will be added to the legs and>displayed on the ND. You will have to close up a discontinuity>perhaps just as with any waypoint modifications after>authorizing with an EXEC.>>I have not used those yet so I don't know if the stored GPS>approaches also include altitude crossings as listed in the>vertical profile.> In many cases the altitudes are not coded in the approaches, but you can add them manually in the legs page.