Sign in to follow this  
Check_Airman

Font Size 747

Hi all,I'm a new 744 pilot,and I'm having some trouble. Some of the display numbers are tool large and thus make reading difficult. Can anyone provide any suggestions?In the pic attached:FMA- VNAV PT instead of PTHALT TAPE- "3" partially obscured ona alt readout "9" totally invisible in target altitudeEICAS- N1 Tape obscures EGT digital readouthttp://forums.avsim.net/user_files/137354.jpg

HiI notice your squares are rectangles and your circles are elipses ! May have something to do with your problem. Suggest you try using a ratio which gives a correct Horizontal/Vertical ratio. On reflection I don't see how this can be affecting fonts but you will get a non distorted image.ken ellis

Looks like your DPI may be set to high.1.Right click on desktop2.Select properties3.Select settings4.Select advanced5.Change DPI setting to 96You may have to restart computer for changes to take effect.Hope this helps.Michael

>Looks like your DPI may be set to high.>>1.Right click on desktop>2.Select properties>3.Select settings>4.Select advanced>5.Change DPI setting to 96>>You may have to restart computer for changes to take>effect.Hope this helps.>>MichaelThanks. That worked. But why would MORE dots per inch cause this effect.

Guest andyman

My box says Normal(96) and Large(120) If it was on large and you set it to normal with would make sense. If your on some setup where it has the custom box selected or for some other reason the number was lower than 96 the Numbers may be slightly deformed (in this case too big) as shown in the picture... or at least i think.