Sign in to follow this  
Tristan

Discovery with engine start sound.

Hey everyone,Following the heated debate over engine start sound a while ago, I have discovered something quite interesting. There were quite a few that agreed that PMDG 747 start sound was not realistic or that no sound could be heard at all. However, when I manually started the engines and let n2 go above 20-24% before I opened the fuel flow switches - bingo there was a fantastic engine start sound which I thought sounded realistic and it was the noise I wanted to hear. But you must manually start the engines which will enable this sound to be heard after about 24%n2 and before opening fuel flow switches. Give it a try and tell me what you think. I think this sound should be heard when autostarting, but as mentioned earlier probably a corrupt wav file. CheersTristan

I don't want to engage in this debate again, I just want people try my instructions and then tell me what they think. Plus I am not talking about a "significant sound", I am talking about a sound which Jon B stated he could hear when listening for it. Tristan