Sign in to follow this  
mush1960

Pushback gauge in 747-400

Just bought the 747-400 - amazing! I've bene working my way through the cockpit procedures to get this baby warmed up and ready to go. One question though - I seem to see what looks like a pushback gauge at the end of the pedestal... but I can't seem to get it to do anything, and can't find any reference to it in the manual - help??!

Ian Pearse

Old pilots never die, they just taxy off to a distant parking spot....

Guest Flightfreak

Hi, First of all, it's a rule on the PMDG forum that you post your name in every post you make, but there's no problem ;-) just letting you know :-)If you want to use the Pushback gauge, you first need to Right-click on the button in the middle, after that, you select the distance and the angle at which you want to push back. After that, you Left-click on the button in the middle, and you listen to what the pushback dude has to tell. :D If you want to stop your pushback manually, just Left-click again on the button in the middle.Good luck,Michael Henke

Michael,Thanks for the info. I'll have a go and see what happens. have to say that the 747 looks fantastic so far. One small gripe though - no opening doors! Guess I've got too used to some of the others I've been getting to know.Ian Pearse

Ian Pearse

Thanks, Jim, I'll give that a go when I get the chance.

Ian Pearse

I looked at the assignments, and it gave me Doors-main and Doors-Other or something like that. Set up a combination for the Main doors,and L1 and L2 opened when I hit the keys. Not too bad. When I hit the other combination it opened all the doors on the starboard side and the cargo hold doors - a bit over the top, I thought. I then noticed when I hit the combination again, that those doors closed but the two emergency exit doors on the upper deck opened instead... bizarre! I used Shift+D for the Main and Shift+E for the Others. Just wondering if Shift+E means something elsewhere...

Ian Pearse