Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ohio330

B1900C/D series questions

Guest Ohio330

I have a couple questions before I consider buying this series. 1. Do these planes have any kind of FMC (default MSFS Garmin GPS etc.) ? 2. Being a turbo-prop, whats the max ceiling height that ATC allows this plane to opperate at? (Going to use it on Vatsim)

I don't know about the PMDG airplanes, but I fly the D in real life, and it does not have an FMC.Navigation is accomplished by, NAV1/NAV2, and asking for radar vectors direct. Some airlines do have a Bendix/King KLN-89 GPS receiver installed in their 1900DsThere is no altitude limitation imposed on a turboprop by ATC, you can go as high as you want. - for the D, it's 25,000ft, but it takes a while to get there for the short flights we operate, so FL 210/FL230 is about as high as I've ever flown the 1900D in real life. When you get into the mountains like in Colorado/Wyoming/Utah/Montana, you'll routinely see it at FL210-FL250.

Guest Ohio330

Thanks for the reply. Ya, i noticed that the write-up for those planes didnt state anything about FMC, but yet in their screenshot of the Virtual cockpit, it appears their is some sort of GPS located in the lower center of the dash. Was wondering if PMDG was using the default GPS system, or whether they put one in themselves as a different model than the default, or my eyesight is bad and it isn't a GPS I'm seeing. If you truely have to be radar vectored, Im kinda hesitant on getting it, as Im not sure how far the patience of ATC (In vatsim) is going to go, with me bothering them for vectors all the time. Thanks again for your reply.. btw, that plane looks like a dream to fly in real life..is it?

when you log into vatsim you designate the type(s) of on-board navigation equipment your plane supports.i've flown vatsim many times in non-FMC planes: Stellans DC9, default cessna 172, default beech, and the 1900D as examples.the controller will provide you with the approach information. if not, just ask (nicely).--

D. Scobie, feelThere support forum moderator: https://forum.simflight.com/forum/169-feelthere-support-forums/

Ohio, please sign your real name when posting in the PMDG forum. Thank you.To answer your question about GPS, the PMDG 1900D and 1900C are both equipped with the default MSFS GPS. The PMDG download library features an alternate panel.cfg file which allows owners of Reality-XP gauges to use their RXP gauges with the PMDG 1900D.Best,Vin ScimonePMDGwww.precisionmanuals.comhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/devteam.jpg

Vin Scimone

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team_FB.jpg

Guest Ohio330

Ya, I decided to get the 1900C..nice plane. What does the 1900D have that the C doesnt? Im loving the 1900C. Highly recommend this plane to new Vatsim users. This plane is not too slow, but yet, not too fast. Gives you plenty of time to correct errors in anything you do wrong. NAME: ADAM HARMON