Sign in to follow this  
Guest CaptainCrunch

TrackIR and PMDG 744 advice needed

Guest CaptainCrunch

Hi! I'm running TrackIR 4 with PMDG 744 and would like to hear other people's experiences of how best to use these together. I thought that I would be able to spend most of my time flying in the 3D view but with this sim, alot of time is spent managing the aircraft systems, so I'm finding that I spend most of my time in 2D views. For example, pushing buttons, etc. in the overhead panel is pretty tough in 3D mode with Track IR. Another thing I haven't found an easy way to deal with is programming the FMC in 3D view.You know... what I'd really like is a hot key that I could press in 3D view that would pan the view from where you are currently looking to the overhead panel and stay there until you press the button again (or something like that). Come to think of it, I'm going over to the Natural Point forums now to make that suggestion! I think it would help keep the immersion better than switching to 2D view.

Guest CaptainCrunch

Another thing that I just tried was mapping the viewpoint controls (ctrl-enter, ctrl-bksp, etc.) to a hat on my HOTAS joystick (its a Saitek X-52 which I highly recommend btw.)This has made a big difference!!

Guest jgreth123

I'll make a small video to demonstrate how to do it all within a week or so if no one helps ya by then.

thanks Jeffplease make this 747 video, i like seeing your videos.

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram