Sign in to follow this  
Guest phildoe6

problems with APR knob in autopilot

Guest phildoe6

hi all, i have some little problems with my autolandings. when i create a flightplan and choose an airport runway with ils, the fms tells my "invalid entry" or similar when i want to push the apr-knob on final approach. i only can activate the loc. in a tutorial flight, everything worked fine. what did i do wrong? also, could someone tell my how to reset the fms after ending a flight pls. nevertheless, the 747 is the greatest and most realistic addon ever made for flightsim. i love it even when i got problem s with it. i also would like to know how to programm a flightplan with fsnavigator WITH sids and stars (where can i choose them in fs navigator???) and export it to the 747 fms.hope someone can help me at least with one problem.thx and regardsphil

Hi Phil,>hi all, >i have some little problems with my autolandings. when i>create a flightplan and choose an airport runway with ils, the>fms tells my "invalid entry" or similar when i want to push>the apr-knob on final approach. Do you have the runway selected on the DEP/ARR page? The FMC needs this for the autotuning of the ILS freq/crs to work correctly. Otherwise you'll need to enter them manually on the FMC NAVRAD page.>also, could someone tell my how to reset the fms after>ending a flight pls. Go to RTE page one and enter new ORIGIN and DEST ICAO codes...>i also would like to know how to>programm a flightplan with fsnavigator WITH sids and stars>(where can i choose them in fs navigator???) and export it to>the 747 fms.There's a convertor on the FSNav site for the 737NG - it will work with the 747 as well...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

"when i want to push the apr-knob on final approach. i only can activate the loc. "This appears to be a limitation of FS9, Phil (I've seen this happen in other sims). In the sim, you need to have the loc and g/s pointers active on your CRT displays before you get APP to arm properly. In real life, you can even arm APP in cruise without problems (a long way from the airport). In real life, however, you'll probably find that the flight crew don't arm APP until they are pretty close to the airport anyway (and the loc and g/s signals are already being picked up by the airplane's ILS receivers).Hope this helps.Cheers.Q>

LOC and APPR such never be armed until you are near enough to the signal and have correctly identified the ID on the EADI Announciator display. This is especially true in FS since on those runways that share the same frequency on opposing ends can receive the opposite ILS or LOC until very close to the intended intercept.You also could receive stray backcourse signals even on the correct localizer if entering the pattern from the crosswind pattern.