Sign in to follow this  
Guest McGraw

Having trouble installing the CD versions of the 737ng 6/700 + 8/900 together

I have CD versions of both the 600/700 and 800/900 ng.After numerous attempts to install them together, I am having real problems.I got it to work once but it was by fluke and I can't get it to work again.I have tried to install the 6 first then the 8 and vice versa but I still have problems with crashes and black gauges.Removing the FSUIPC.DLL worked once but doesn't work anymore.None of the updates will install so I don't think this has anything to do with it.Sometimes, the gauges work and then, when I change view, they go back to being black again.Any ideas?Thanks a lot.

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Are you having trouble while you installing it or having some after installing the program from cd?If you are having difficulty on cd based installation process I can advise you to copy the cd content to you HDD and start installation from locally.The problem with gauges seems like a video card problem.PMDG products consumes much more sources then default FS9 airplanes.Try to play the game in lower resolution and lower bitrates.Josh

They install fine but if for example I install the 600/700 then the 800/900, they both work apart from the gauges on the 600/700 are black.My machine is an AMD 3800+ with a Radeon X800XL. It handles FS9 running (for example)Active SkyPMDG 747Ultimate traffic at 100%Fly Tampa Seattlemore than satisfactorily.Thanks for your suggestion but as I have had them running together both before, I know it isn't a performance issue.

Go to www.aerosoft.com and get to the support page for these products, basicly the FAQ. Download the CD service patch. Follow the instructions about removing both aircraft and reinstalling in the order of the described steps also then applying the Aerosoft service patch.Also please note the reference to running a supplied batch file after installing any livery paint.See if that info helps.

I'm at work so can't try this fix but I am certain this will solve it.Thanks very much!