Sign in to follow this  
Guest clearofconflict

Tank to Engine

Guest clearofconflict

Just had a thought as I was flying...How about an auto Tank to Engine feature, for when you leave to pop to the shops! Similar to the pause at T/D.CheersJoe

Going Tank to Engine is one of the few manual operations that a crew does in the cruize. Personally i like doing as many operations as i can during a flight as it can get a bit boring counting down the nautical miles to your next waypoint! :) i understand what you mean as ive read on other posts pilots who would like an auto step climb feature. Myself i like to perform these functions manually as they do in real world operations. I dont see PMDG releasing any auto features so maybe wait a bit longer before your trip to the shop or else buy online :)

I thought I'd repost a trick I mentioned a few days back as it's relevant to this issue.-----------------------How many of you have come back to your PC to find that you missed the point of the flight where you should have gone tank-to-engine, thus leaving you with an improper fuel balance?Here's a solution: Note your fuel load in the EICAS then go into the PMDG fuel menu and 'load' that same amount. Click on apply and when you go back in the fuel has been redistributed correctly and the appropriate pumps are on, cross-feeds off etc.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg