Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ray51

A quick method of "Cold and Dark"

I fly using the FS2Crew in my 737. The method they recommend is to start the default Cessna. Turn off the engine, avionics, and the master switches. then load the PMDG 737 of your choice. this will place the cockpit cold and dark. I do not use a saved panel state. I start in the default Cessna at the departure gate, shut down as listed above, start my weather engine, get my weather route set, get my weather briefing, do any last minute routing, and then start my flight aircraft(PMDG, LDS, CS, etc) This gives me a cold and dark aircraft ready for aircraft recept checklist.Ray

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

Try saving as your default FS flight your cold and dark Cessna. Those states that apply affect loading saved flights from select a flight and when using create a flight.FS seems to intialize from the default flight before it gets edven to the menus. I caught this reading the FSUIPC log in the modules folder.Before I had saved a C and D default (also with a clear weather theme) The engines would be up on the 737. If I had saved the flight with the fuel cut-offs enabled, then the engine would start and quickly die. The same thing happened on my other aircraft.