Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dr-Foo

Spicing up the flight experience

Guest Dr-Foo

Hello PMDG gentlemen (are there any ladies here?), Loving and learning the fly the 744 in the FS9, but would like to add some spice to the experience. I'm thinking of getting Radar Contact (it's good, right?) among other things, but here's where I need your suggestions/thoughts:(1) I'd like more realistic-looking weather environment for those real-weather downloads. I see that Flight Environment and ASV6 are available but are there any big differences/issues b/w them that I should know about? (2) What about global scenery? (not necessarily interested in local addons.) What's available and are they frame-rate gobblers? (any tweaking advice is welcome).Thanks everyone!Dr. Foo

I love Radar Contact and ASV6. As far as "global" scenery, I'm not quite sure what you mean, but I have FSGenesis's 38m mesh combined with Flight 1's Ultimate Terrain USA and it's very good.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

ASV6 and Flight Environment work well together. You'll have to uncheck Auto-Submit in the Graphics section of Options for the textures submitted from FE2004 to remain active after starting ASV6.There have been reports of frame rates taking a nose dive with the latest ASV6 update. I don't see the problem and the developers are working to sort out that issue as it seems to be very system dependant.Both of these particular programs have an enormous impact on realism and immersion in the sim with an almost imperceptible reduction in frame rates. You will be amazed when you see the difference they make in the overall feel and look of the sim when installed.Jim Karnhttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/pmdg_pf.jpg

Guest Dr-Foo

Thanks, gentlemen. Sounds like ASV6 is highly recommended. Visited their site and was very impressed. I'll have to look into the scenery stuff.Cheers,Dr. Foo