Sign in to follow this  
Guest nattydread

On the spot questions....

Guest nattydread

I have to be completly honest, the only reason I buy Microsoft Flight Sims is for the PMDG add-ons. What are the odds the 747 and MD-11 will be compatible with MSFS-X ?If it isnt compatiable, will we have to wait until the up and coming relase of MSFS-XI to get another compatible PMDG product :) ?(this isnt a dig on PMDG, I understand it takes time and I'll wait for your products, I just hate to get them 6 months before Im upgrading to another MSFS version)And my biggest question, hope and desire:What are the odds of you guys just by-passing MSFS all together and just releasing your own Airliner based flight sim? Microsoft could use the competition anyway, plus us PMDG type pilots need more than what Microsoft seems willing to do. In my opinion MSFS is more for non-commerical/airliner applications with all the pretty eye-candy a VFR flight in small plane entails. But the commercial/airliner simmer needs that and more, we need details, details, details, procedures, more complex ATC interaction, sequencing, etc. At the very least talk to those guys to release a PMDG version of MSFS-X. They've had a regular and profesional verion before, let this Commercial/Airliner PMDG version come with all the detail us PMDG pilots need...and maybe a PMDG model or two :)

First off I in now way know what PMDG plan to do in regards to FSX and compatibility. I will say that since the new F version and the MD-11 are still to come, it would make sense to have both compaitible with FSX from a business perspective. I cannot imagine flying the F series not in X. Remeber too that when the 737-600.700 was released, it was just prior to FS9 and the 737 was able to work in both sims (FS2002-FS9) although further updates were strictly for FS9. [h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest andyman

Also Micro$oft will make nearly all known addons compatible with fs10.

First of all, the "$" sign in the name "Microsoft" is very offensive to the hard-working developers in the Flight Sim team - please do not use.Now - we do not have any information regarding FS X in terms of compatibility, so we cannot comment on that - it's simply too soon.

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg