Sign in to follow this  
Guest dreinert

New 747 pilot, no digital display

Guest dreinert

HiI am new to the PMDG 747. I got a detailed startup manual from smith planet (http://smithplanet.com/fs2004/pmdg/ ). My problem is that when doing a cold start after I get half way through it and program the POS INIT for the IRS there is still no showing display in the main panel (no Navigation Display) in any of the black boxes. I have changed the IRS option to immediately so time shouldn't be an issue.Even if I load the plane to an airport after 30 sec or so the screens go black and all sorts of buzzers start flashing.Please help,DallasSWA4564

Could be an activation issue as most blank display issues are from this. Other than that, after you aligned the IRS, did you input this into the FMC or place the GPS position into the FMC align boxes?[h4]Randy J. Smith[/h4]AMD 64 4000+|ASUS K8V DELUXE|SAPPHIRE ATI X800XT PE|MUNCHKIN 3200|80 gig SATA|DELL 1905FP 19" LCD|TRACKir PRO|PFC JEPPESEN MOONEY YOKE|CH PRO PEDALS|

Guest dreinert

I uninstalled and reinstalled, and the same results. I even started in a PMDG737 with all things running then went to the 747 and after about 1 min, the flight display screens go blank. If I reload the plane they show again but only for like 1 min. Do I contact PMDG or are there any other solutions???Is there any special button that turns these displays on or off?Thanks,Dallas

Dallas,Sounds like a validation problem - try reinstalling the plane and validating again with your email, order number and password. If you're still having problems after that, email PMDG support and they'll get it resolved...

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com