Sign in to follow this  
Djang0

737NG flight setup

I would like to insure that I am setting up my 737NG flights without panel settings from previous flights (737NG or other addons) interfering. I appologise in advance if some of these questions have been answered a long time ago but I have tried searching the forum. Some of these questions may apply to other PMDG addons too, and it would be useful to have answeres in one place:Q1) Can panel settings (of any addon) from a previous FS session interfere with a flight even after an FS restart?Q2) To insure proper 737NG panel operation is it necessary to load the default FS Cessna flight first (some other complex addons reccommend doing this, and some people seem to think this should be done before loading any complex addon)? Q3) If the answere to Q2 is YES, would I still need to load the default FS flight even if I load a previously created cold and dark cockpit flight as the first flight of my FS session?Q4) Can I load a 737NG flight strait after flying another complex addon?Q5) Might I have probelms if I exit a 737NG flight then create another 737NG flight from the Create Flight Menu rather than moving the plane in th original flight to a new location etc without exiting that flight?Q6) Might I have problems if I change my choice of repaint after I have created/loaded a 737NG?

Regards, Django EGLL.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

>Q1) Can panel settings (of any addon) from a previous FS>session interfere with a flight even after an FS restart?Shouldn't after a restart. The FS9.cfg and default flight have gotten corrupted on me before though - if you have problems, just delete those and the FSUPIC.ini and things should be back to normal next time you run FS. >Q2) To insure proper 737NG panel operation is it necessary to>load the default FS Cessna flight first (some other complex>addons reccommend doing this, and some people seem to think>this should be done before loading any complex addon)? No, PMDG's planes do everything that loading the Cessna first does on their own... You can load the 737 or 747 straight from "Create a Flight.">Q4) Can I load a 737NG flight strait after flying another>complex addon?No - you want to restart FS if you'd been flying another addon that goes around FS programming wise (LDS, FeelThere, etc)>Q5) Might I have probelms if I exit a 737NG flight then create>another 737NG flight from the Create Flight Menu rather than>moving the plane in th original flight to a new location etc>without exiting that flight?Yeah, panel settings can be retained in this setting - you want to either move the plane from the original flight or >Q6) Might I have problems if I change my choice of repaint>after I have created/loaded a 737NG?I wouldn't do that, it still goes through and reinitializes everything, even if it's just a livery change.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com