Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

Wow, did I see 744 wing-low on final approach...?!@#?

Both flight below on AP with autoland enabled:I just re-flew my approach into Haneda with a very stiff x-wind and am quite sure the cockpit perspective shifted dramatically passing 500' AGL as the rudder kicked right and the left wing shifted very slightly down for final into 34R. This was amazing. I quickly went into SPOT view and sure enough the rudder was kicked slightly to the right to help straighten the a/c with the rwy hdg. Um-ba-leevable!I have observed previously in strong'ish x-wind landings in the 744 that the rudder kicks out the crab just prior to touchdown (maybe 50 to 100 AGL) and was very impressed with that. But now I believe I saw a transition to wing-low on this particular approach which blows my mind.Is this Queen designed to do both things that I have seen or am I imagining things? It is extremely impressive!Jonathan

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

She certainly is impressive isn't she? MUCH better than any other payware airliner IMHO, PMDG should be proud.

Only payware aircraft in the world that can do it! ;) :D

Yeps !De-crabing is very impressive on autoland...I've never seen it before :-eek Great job PMDG :-cool