Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ryan111

737 Cold & Dark again

Guest Ryan111

Hi,I'm able to get the 737 cold & dark, but not all switches are as I would like them.For example: The STANDBY POWER Switch is off (should be auto), the ENG HYDR Switches are ON (should be off), the ENG BLEED Switches are ON (should also be OFF) and so on.Any idea how to get a really cold & dark cockpit? Is it possible to put some new entries for these switches in the cold & dark flt-file?ThxDetlef

>Hi,>>I'm able to get the 737 cold & dark, but not all switches are>as I would like them.>>For example: The STANDBY POWER Switch is off (should be auto),>the ENG HYDR Switches are ON (should be off), the ENG BLEED>Switches are ON (should also be OFF) and so on.>>Any idea how to get a really cold & dark cockpit? Is it>possible to put some new entries for these switches in the>cold & dark flt-file?>>Thx>>DetlefHi Detlef,Are you saving your cold & dark situation panel? I don't much fly the 737NG since I bought the 747-400, but I think I remember even after I saved my cold & dark situation, some of the switches would be in a different position from where I had them. The engine hydraulics pump swithes are normally left in the on position, but the electric hydraulics pump switches A and B should be in the off position. According to the 737NG Normal Procedures, the engine bleed switches should be in the off position. If you haven't already, you might want to check the Normal Procecures list and make sure you've done everything. I've haven't experience any problems with the engine bleed swithces. If someone has or knows about this, please inform us what you have done to correct this problem. Ken.

Guest brettdonahue

Don't know if this will work for you but I remember reading about a year back someone suggested to start with the Cessna, turn everything off in it (Fuel,Generators, then battery) then select the plane you want. This give you a dead bird that you can bring back to life.Bretthttp://www.precisionmanuals.com/images/forum/800driver.jpg

Guest Ryan111

Hi to all,thx for the replies. I don't have a really problem with the Cold & Dark Cockpit. The only thing is, that some switches and levers after the reload of the saved situation are not in the position as there where when I saved the situation (for example: I put the fuel cut levers to off and after reloading they are in idle positon)Normally the positon of levers and switches are saved in a ".FLT" file in the Flights-Folder of the FS9 after saving it (f.e. BatterySwitch=False, PitotHeat=False and so on)Unfortunately not all switches and lever positions of the PMDG are stored!And now my question: Is it possible to modify the "PMDG 737-700 Cold and Dark.FLT" file by hand and add some entries for the missing switches? Does anybody know which entries have to be made? Are there special entries for each switch and lever of the PMDG 737 (Fuel cut off, Standby Power Switch, and so on)? May be one of the PMDG officials does know how to handle that.ThxDetlef

Try taking let us say the baron and park it at parking spot somewhere with I recommend the clear skies theme at a time of your liking. Shut everything down and save it including the box checked save as default flight. The default flight is always loaded in the background when FS starts to initialize things even before the menus show. This also affects create a flight aircraft conditions.Before I did this on all my models except the 737 the engines would start on loading a saved C&D situation and then stop in a few seconds due to fuel starvation. On the 737 before this sometimes it would start with engines running before the change.I found this affects some switches on the 737 even when saving as a C&D and then reloading it on a new FS start.For me the state of the fuel cut-offs did save.I have the 600/700 and 800/900 (Aerosoft packaged versions with Aerosoft CD service pack) so the panel for the 600/700 was updated just in case there is a difference.

Guest Ryan111

Hi,I tried that all, with the Cessna and also with the Baron. It didn't work.I've at least four switches/levers coming up in other positions as when saving the situation:Fuel Cut Levers are always in idle positon instead of Cut OffStandby Power Switch is in Off Position instead of AutoEmergency Exit Lights Switch is in Off position instead of OnEngine Bleed Switches are in On position instead of OffDetlef