Sign in to follow this  
Guest Dr-Foo

Converting QOTS's rte flight plans for use in ASV6

Hello. I bought ASV6 recently and learned that I can import .pln-based flight plans into it to have the weather processed all along the planned route. Unfortunately, I can't import any of the PMDG flight plans into ASV6 because they are .rte2 formatted.Does anyone know an efficient way to copy/convert those plans to FS9 native .pln so I can get AS to "see" them for importing? That way I can get the flight plan route's weather processed AND upload the same route into the 744's FMC.I guess a related question/issue I have is whether there is a repository of extra .rte plans I can download somewhere for use in the 744. That is, .rte plans PMDGers have developed and uploaded someplace for sharing. Anything like this exist?Thanks for your help!Dr. Foo

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In the AS6 route window for a fairly straight route you can just enter the departure, destination, flight level, and TAS cruise speed in knots and click on the process button.I will not repeat the details here but if you search under my name you'll find threads on how I use payware FSBuild 2.22 along with AS6 to prepare for the 737NG .rte and FS .pln formats that couple to weather loaded into AS6 to generate fuel planning and winds aloft reports by AS6 along the route to aid in this. FSB comes with lots of flight plans already stored.It lists PMDG 747 as one of the export options which can be loaded as a company route into the FMC.You can also get real world plan waypoints from opening any flight number at www.flightaware.com. mostly for US flights if a US departure or destination is used. DPs and STARS might differ slightly from the FMC and/or FSB SID-STAR database.www.fsbuild.com gets you info and a support forum link.

Thanks, I'll search your name for those threads you mentioned. Sounds like I need to get FSBuild.Cheers,Dr. Foo