Sign in to follow this  
rgamurot

Joystick problem with other 747, worried about reoccere...

I've used the iFly 747-400 and it sounds like the AP system is similar. The problem is that with the AP engaged, it didn't dampen the affects of turbulence to my joystick. (I use a force feedback control.) As a result, it would begin to swing in just about all directions if I took my hands off for more than two seconds literally. This in turn caused the aircraft to loose control dispite being under autopilot control. The only way I could prevent that from happening was to disconnect my joystick for the entire flight which also meant panning around the cockpit was out of the question. But I usually stay in the VC for a majority of the flight.I really want to get the PMDG 747-400, but I'm worried that I'll have the same problem. I've tried to disable some Force feedback but then the elevators droop dispite me clocking over 300 kts. I also don't want to disable turbulence.Can anyone help before I purchase this aircraft? PLEASE!!!Thanks,Ryan

Hi Ryan,Is it really turbulence causing that? It sounds like you have some calibration issues there. Having said that, FS has poor force feedback modelling, especially once you start flying add-ons. I did a quick search of the forum for you using the term 'force feedback' and the prevailing opinion here is that you should turn it off in FS altogether. If you choose to do this, your joystick most likely has some accompanying software that allows you to set the joystick up to continually center itself, that should stop the aircraft nosing over.However, if you really want to keep the overall FFB effects I'd say you'll need to at least switch off turbulence. I understand you can't feel turbulence through the yoke of a hydraulically controlled aircraft anyway, (or non-augmented controls for that matter, I don't recall ever feeling any turbulence feedback through a Cessna yoke either).I suggest you recalibrate the stick first, and if you get the PMDG744 there is an option to prevent the joystick from overriding the autopilot.If you enjoyed the ifly 744 then prepare to be blown away by the PMDG offering.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Thanks so much for the help. I did end up disabling the Forcefeed back. Also I recently got the PMDG 747-400 and it really is amazing. I just wish my computer didnt automatically shut down on my first flight. I dont know what happened but everything works perfectly.