Sign in to follow this  
Guest gwg_alex

Electrical Problem PMDG 747

Guest gwg_alex

Hallo simmers,I've bought new the boxed version of PMDG 747 V 1.1.If I start the plane COLD AND DARK and goeing step by step on procedure, I have the problem always:I can't switch on the GEN CONT buttons in the electrical panel in overhaed.Whats the failure?Please look like the screen:http://www.gwg-cityline.de/images/pmdg747failure.jpgIs everyone here to help me?

I am not sure I get your problem. The switches are in the on position just as they are supposed to be. That they show the yellow off message is only logical since your engines are not running.Or did you accidently disconnect the generator drives? I can't say for sure looking at the picture.Karsten.

Guest gwg_alex

The engine #4 is running only at first. Where can I diconeect the generator drives? When I push the button never cheange it anything. Lights are still enabled (drive).

Guest Daniel Slade

Try right clicking the switches, I can see from the pic the safty guards are open. They should be closed!!!Hope it helpsDaniel

Guest gwg_alex

Thanks at first will check it next weekend and will writing down the results.

The DRIVE lights indicate low oil pressure or high oil temperatures in the generator drive unit. HOWEVER, it's normal to see the DRIVE light illuminated when the engine is not turning. The oil is pressurized when the engine turns. The DRIVE light should normally extinguish during engine start.DO NOT PUSH this switch under normal circumstances. If you do, you will have to reset it with the engine not turning (using the EDG button on the drop-down PMDG Options/Various Menu)... or reset the situation. This is because, in real life, the drives can't be reset from the cockpit.If you have to disconnect the DRIVE for abnormal reasons, you must do it with the engine spinning, or it will not disconnect properly.The GCB "OFF" lights are normally in view until about 50%N2 during engine start (speed depends on engine type). Just make sure the switches are selected to ON.Hope this makes sense.Cheers.Q>