Sign in to follow this  
drdickie

Entering fuel values in PMDG 747

I have tried every way I know to use the keyboard to enter new fuel values into the PMDG options fuel loader. When I start the fuel loader, the current fuel value is highlighted which usually means you can use your keyboard to enter a new value. Is there another way other than clicking the up and down arrows? Not a real big deal but kind of inconvenient if the existing fuel level is quite different from the desired level.Unless there is something wrong with my system, I would like to suggest this as a future enhancement.Thanks.

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077

Guest dkraemer

Hi!When i want to modify the fuel values for the PMDG Options Menu or the Load Manager I simply make this:Maybe dirty but quick ;-)1) Open the file "PMDG747400gauges.ini" in your favourite text editor2) Look for the section called "FuelLoad" ( @ end of the file)3) Change the value of "DesiredFuelLoad=xxxxxx" (replace xxxxxx with the amount of fuel you want to load)4) Save the modified fileI have a shortcut on my desktop so I can open this file faster :-coolLook in your PMDG Options Menu / Load Manager and be happy!(Still waiting for 747-400F :-jumpy)

Guest Hawkeyeted

>I have tried every way I know to use the keyboard to enter>new fuel values into the PMDG options fuel loader..........Is there another way other than clicking the up and>down arrows? Not a real big deal but kind of inconvenient if>the existing fuel level is quite different from the desired>level.Unfortunately, no.I'm hoping that the smart guys at PMDG can fix that when they release the -400F by either allowing direct keyboard entry in to PMDG fuel options menu. Or, preferably, throught the load manager!

Thanks, Daniel. Very clever!But, I hope the PMDG folks will eventually modify the fuel loading option to allow keyboard entry.Regards,

Dick Parker in Northeast Ohio USA

Windows 10 64-bit | Nvidia GTX 1080 | ORBX | P3D 4.4.16.27077