Sign in to follow this  
JSACKS

LNAV departure ex LLBG - What the >!@?#>$@??!@!!

Ex LLBG, rwy 30, first wp is fi12 in my flightplan. With LNAV and VNAV armed for t/o, I rotate and climb out by hand, and dang me if the FD (and LNAV if AP switched on) doesn't point LEFT at about 400 feet commanding a full 360 deg turn back to the departure rwy 30 and then a climb back up out to wp fi12 and on as normal.What is going on here? Any help appreciated. Thanks!Jonathan

Huh! Just solved this by inserting an earlier wp at the end of the runway and all's well.Jonathan

erased due to double posting>>Ex LLBG, rwy 30, first wp is fi12 in my flightplan. With LNAV>and VNAV armed for t/o, I rotate and climb out by hand, and>dang me if the FD (and LNAV if AP switched on) doesn't point>LEFT at about 400 feet commanding a full 360 deg turn back to>the departure rwy 30 and then a climb back up out to wp fi12>and on as normal.>>What is going on here? Any help appreciated. Thanks!>>Jonathan

Hello Jonathan,1. You are departing in violation of airport procedures, into the FAF of arriving aircraft, while also overflying Tel Aviv city center low with high noise signature.2. Runway 30 is too short for a loaded B744 takeoff, and should be used only while runway 26 departures are unavailable.3. When departing runway 30 westbound, DEENA1FS is the only SID for medium aircraft or heavier. It definitely has no turn at 400 feet, that is DEENA1F which is for small aircraft only.4. Even when departing manually, load the cleared SID and follow it, altitude and speed constraints apply. PMDG supplied procedures with the aircraft and they all can be updated regularly.Safe flights!>Ex LLBG, rwy 30, first wp is fi12 in my flightplan. With LNAV>and VNAV armed for t/o, I rotate and climb out by hand, and>dang me if the FD (and LNAV if AP switched on) doesn't point>LEFT at about 400 feet commanding a full 360 deg turn back to>the departure rwy 30 and then a climb back up out to wp fi12>and on as normal.>>What is going on here? Any help appreciated. Thanks!>>Jonathan

Thanks, Opher, I shall change to rwy 26 ! (I thought 30 seemed a bit short). Appreciate your details.Jonathan