Sign in to follow this  
Guest gwm1959

Missing some 747 engine sounds ?????

Guest gwm1959

Love the 747's. The new 747F cut my frame rates down to 8-9 FPS (on a high end machine) in the VC which is about half of the PAX. FYI. I was wondering why there is no starter/spool up exterior sound when starting the engines. I checked a few of the engine sound files like jet41 and jet44 have little or no sound (20kb versus 400 plus kb of others). I have no engine sound on the exterior for engines 2 and 3 but can hear 1 and 4 ok. My interior sounds are ok. But I still hear zero spool up or the deep throaty starter sound. Since I work at the airport where 747 are a few hundred feet away I can always hear the start up process clearly. Just thought I would ask. Thanks.Garth M.

Guest andyman

>Since I work at the airport where 747 are a few hundred feet away I can >always hear the start up process clearly. Just thought I would ask. >Thanks.I think you might make PMDG blush on this one. :-)