Sign in to follow this  
jtsjc1

EPR

I have a question about the RR and PW engines. I know that when starting the GE engines an N2 reading of approx. 15% is good to intro. fuel. What about PW and RR? What to look for on the EICAS? Also when installing the liveries for the PAX version will the EICAS show the proper engine types. Thanks in advance- Joe

Guest wee_davie_2612

Hi Joe,You start the PW engines by referencing N2 in the same way as you do with N2 on GE engines (and most other types).On RR engines you reference N3 in the same way as you do with N2.If you are manually starting the engines it is still the same procedure:-Auto start switch off-Pull start switch on overhead-Observe oil pressure increase-Monitor N2(3) until indicating above fuel on indication (magenta line crossing the N2(3) indicator)-Fuel control switch to run-Monitor EGT, N2(3), N1 and oil pressureEPR is used as the primary thrust setting variable in the same way that N1 is in the GE engines. As for the liveries - can't help you there - I don't have the 747.Cheers,David

Guest andyman

PAX liverys do have correct readouts on the EICAS and EICAS2