Sign in to follow this  
Ed

Not receiving data from Internet if FS running. Why???

Hi everybody.If FS2002 is running and I connect to Internet (56k modem), I can't download data, or it takes ages to receive even 1Kb. Thus I can't connect to online ATC. As soon as I quit FS2002, my Internet works back again. It did not happen at the beginning, it's just some weeks. Has anybody had this problem? What might be the cause?I have a PIV 2GHz, 512 Kb ram, 64Mb video card, Win ME.Thank you in advance for your help.Luca

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

No, I'm not connected to anything. That's what happens:1.I connect to Internet and everything works ok.2.I run FS2002 (nothing else).3.If I try to download something or to connect to a site, say Avsim, with FS running, the main page of Avsim takes half an hour to show up, or it doesn't at all. 4. If I quit FS2002, everything works normally again.Thanks,Luca

Hi,If you are using a "win" modem then you are going to have this problem. A win modem uses cpu cycles to do anything and trying to run anyting that is graphes intensive is going to slow down the cpu as does FS2k2 which also slows down the modem. What you need is a modem which does not use the cpu such as 3Com/USR or a Modem Blaster From Diamond.Ed