Sign in to follow this  
Guest AA752

747 Autobrake Question

Guest AA752

No I'm not complaining about a bug. When I choose an autobrake setting before landing in the 747, i get a yellow "autobrake" message on my EICAS. When I land, the autobrakes do not activate. I was searching aorund the forums, and found some stuff about conflict between the pedals or yoke (I use both), so I tested RTO on a rejected takeoff, and it worked beautifully. That and the error message on the EICAS leads me to belive that I am doing something wrong. Is there a procedure for activating autobrakes for landing that I am missing?Thanks.Zach

Zach,Are you sure its a yellow EICAS autobrakes message and not a white autobrakes memo?If its yellow there`s a problem with the system,do you have any faults activated,like a problem with HYD SYS 4 for example?regardsJon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Jon,a quick question if you could help, i always get that yellow autobrakes message in the EICAS when i land. I generally set Autobrakes 2, upon touchdown i use reverse thrust until around 60-70 knots and then use manual breaking below 50knots. I notice the Autobrakes goes to "Disarm" and not to the "Off" position? Do i need to flick that to off at some point to stop the message appearing?Cheers

Paul,yes, its part of the PNF pilot not flying scan to flip the autobrakes switch back to off in their after landing actions.That will clear the yellow messageregardsJon

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

Guest AA752

Thanks for replying.Yes, it is indeed yellow, and I do not receive any HYD failure messages along with it. I'm still new with this aircraft (and I love!), so I'll pay extra special attention to procedure when I start it. I am also gonna check to see if I have failures turned on.I'm still open to more ideas.Zach