Sign in to follow this  
John_Cillis

Graphics Quality

I just purchased a new, much faster computer and I would like to raise some of the settings in the game to make the graphics of a higher quality. What levels does everyone have the graphics settings set to and do you have good results with those settings? Thanks!

Hi and welcome :-wave Since you've got a fast computer, go ahead and try increasing them all; keep the mesh at 85% though. The way I would do it is to start with the default settings, then increase the autogen and the scenery density to max first, then follow it with the other settings like effects and so on. Test one option or two at a time.Hope this helps. Also try searching the forum as this subject has been heavily discussed previously. You will sure find lots of hints in there. All the best.

Guest Eagle92395

Depending on what you have..MAX it out!! It's great when everything is at 1280x1024 and full of activity! I run mine on a 1 Ghz, 256Meg RAM with Geforce 3 card and it runs fine... so if it's better than that... you're all set!

Guest cornclose

The other way to do it would be to MAX EVERYTHING, tick each check box, each slider to the far right, highest resolution and colour depth you can select etc. Then lock the fps at something like 15 (maybe 20) and see how she runs.If you don't like what you see, reduce settings in the areas you care for the least until you get the level of performance and detail balance you like...Chris Ehttp://website.lineone.net/~flightsimukAvoid AGP texturing = Better Performance ;)

One suggestion I have--if you find any slowness on a fast system, most likely reducing AI will speed things up. I run with a lowly P3/800, and enjoy fps in the 20-25 range with AI off, but a busy airport with lots of AI can drop that to 10-15, and sometimes even less. I suspect that a fast rig like your new one will handle 2k2 very well.... Let us know how it goes for you!-John