Sign in to follow this  
ahinterl

CD versions?

Since I'm not very happy with software that needs to be "enabled" via the web, I consider paying a second time (!) for the PMDG products and buy me CD versions which save me from "being online" and allow me to install in purely stand-alone mode.I saw that Aerosoft distributes a 747-400 CD package. The question now is whether the -F version is covered as well (I don't think so). In case it isn't, I didn't find any information at Aerosoft's site that they intend to release the freighter.So, is there a way to get the whole 747 fleet (passenger and freighter versions) on CD (please no recommendations like "burn the download files" or such ;-) )?Andreas

Guest 102301636

Andreas,In short no, aerosoft do have the pax version on CD but there are no plans to release the cargo version on CD so for now the only way of getting that is online via PMDG

Too sad.Anyway, to be fair I need to say that I found an acceptable solution though (and it's legal 'cause I purchased the product and don't even think to give anything away to friends etc.; whoever wants the 747 has to pay for it).Keep the good work, PMDG!Andreas

Guest Clansman

Hello Andreas,Are you sure that the CD version of the 747-400 doesn't need to register online? I didn't explicitly check that, but I guess either version (download/box) DOES need online activation.Cheers,Pedro Venda.

I have the full 600/700 and 800/900 737s each stand alone from Aerosoft. I read the installation instructions and they do not mention being on-line nor do I recall that. Unless the policy has changed I would not expect that.They usually have such information at Aerosoft.com either in the expanded product descriptions of their FAQ/patch area which is product specific, and if not there browse or post on their forum.Hope this helps.