Sign in to follow this  
dave_paige

Operating weights

I have a question for the PMDG developers about the 737-700NG. In the PMDG POH it states that the MTOW (maximum takeoff weight) is 133,000lbs. However in looking at the aircraft.cfg file provided by PMDG the MGW (maximum gross weight) is specified at 153,500lbs. Boeing's web site says that the MTWO is 154,500lbs. I realise that there are normal and HGW (high gross weight) versions of the 737-700. So my question is, what did PMDG intend to model the normal, or HGW version of the 737-700 and what is the correct MTOW for the PMDG 737-700? Thanks.

Dave Paige

Dave,It's not as easy to say there's one correct MTOW for any given Boeing aircraft. Actually the aircrafts are priced using MTOW as a parameter. If you are intending to use the aircraft for short haul domestic flights you might lower the MTOW and get a lower price from Boeing. Weird, I know, but reality never the less.The modelled MGW for the PMDG NG is:-600: 144.000 lbs-700: 153.500 lbs-800: 173.000 lbs-900: 174.500 lbsAs long as you never exceed the MGW you should be fine.From www.sasflightops.com about their NG fleet:Boeing sells its aircraft with different takeoff weights. This meansthe Boeing 737-600 can be purchased with a start weight of between 57 and 65 tons. SAS has up to now chosen a low start weight for its aircaft, the foundation being the destinations the aircraft are expected to traffic. With these start weights SAS can for example: fly the Stockholm-Geneva route with a full load."But the aircraft can, if we have the need, fly longer. It only concerns raising the permitted start weight, through a simple business transaction with Boeing. All bairplanes are identical and have the same fuel tank size - it only concerns the amount of fuel one can put in. But since the purchase price is founded on the start weight, the airline has to pay more if the airplane is going to be used on longer routes. One example is the airplanes performance, we can name that we have planned to fly the airplane nonstop Seattle-Stockholm", explains Stefan Neufeld.The complete article:http://www.sasflightops.com/737/737.htmHope it helps,

Then I'm just curious why the PMDG POH says 133,000 lbs.

Dave Paige

Maybe a typing error?Cheers,