Sign in to follow this  
Guest FrancoisH

747 fuel system... little question here.

Guest FrancoisH

Hello,I made a flight between Nice (LFMN) and Kennedy (KJFK) last sunday (a fabulous IVAO event anyway) with the fabulous plane, this 747-400 you made. I use it with the Cargo add-on too, but I was on a passenger flight.I just wonder why when I do some flight I get "Fuel ENG/TNK" announce... In fact in this flight, my left main tank was a little bit under the level of all other tanks so I manually used switches to do some change and finally found a configuration who make the EICAS not showing any "error".Can you say me if there's any "standard" procedures for fuel wich can help me to know WICH configuration I should use in this case ? I found it by myself and it's all about trying everything until the alert stop, I don't think I should act like that in reality, don't I ?THanks for your answer.

Hi Francois (I presume that's your name? you didn't sign your post)The manual explains this situation. But basically, once you get down to equal amounts of fuel in the 4 wing tanks (Main 1, Main 2, Main 3, Main 4), you reconfigure the fuel pumps so that each engine runs off its own tnak of fuel.To do this you turn off the Override pumps on each of the two inboard wing fuel tanks (Main 2 and Main 3), and close the Number 1 and 4 crossfeed valves.

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Guest FrancoisH

I'm sorry, I'm really used to automatical signatures.Thank you for your answer !Fran

>I'm sorry, I'm really used to automatical signatures.>>Thank you for your answer !>>Fran