Sign in to follow this  
Guest noflyzone

MD-11 DVD review

Guest noflyzone

In anticipation of the PMDG MD-11 being released this year, I ordered the "Martinair Boeing MD-11" which is a 2-part DVD on a single disc from ITVV Productions.The DVD is fantastic - those who are familiar with ITVV will realize the quality of the DVDs, using digital in-flight multiperspective cameras, aircraft audio, etc.The MD-11 dvd was very technical - the captain explains the SID very clearly, and follows it with the FCP, FMA, FMC, FMS and PFD and explains the approach. All are detailed very clearly.All the checklists are superimposed so you can actually see them while the 1st officer reads them back.You even get to hear the sexy aural alerts from the automatic alerting system for altitude and minimums callouts ;-)Here's the link so you can order it and review it before PMDG releases the product:http://www.itvv.com/mpmd11dvd.aspEnjoy!~mike

I also have this DVD, and would recommend it to anyone who'd like some good information on flying the MD-11 and operating its systems. It is a great introduction that I think has prepared me well for when PMDG releases the MD-11.Tim

I too love this DVD, however Cpt. Baker does not go near the over head.It's the only thing missing from the dvd.Cool part is how calm and collected he is. They are on finals and he's looking at the camera explaining stuff. Very cool.