Sign in to follow this  
Guest BjornO

FS9 vs PMDG FMC navdata

Guest BjornO

Greetings.Had a few years break from FS9, and recently reinstalled it along with the 737NG, and have just bought the 800/900 as well.Have updated the FMC navdata with the most current, but then of course it doesn't match some of the navdata in FS9's scenery.Is there some FS9 navdata file we can download and install so that the FS9 info matches the FMC? I remember there was such a file for FS2002, but can't seem to find it for FS9.Here is an example: The FMC says that the ILS freq for RWY 04R in LIPZ is 109.95 (I think), while actually it is 110.30 in FS9. I'm using Lago's Turin scenery for this, btw.Thanks for any tips.Regards,Bj

I just did a search in the AVSIM library on "lipz" and 16 files came up, the latest dated today. Might be something you want to add to your list of places to look.

Dan Downs KCRP

This is a growing problem, as FS9 nav database is long out of date. Where there are significant changes, like ILS frequencies, runway numbering, etc, you have to use AFCAD to update the data for the airport concerned. Obviously it's usually better to use someone elses tried and tested edit from somewhere like AVSIM.A central database listing such significant airport changes would be great, possibly with links to known good AFCAD updates.Kevin

ki9cAAb.jpg

Guest BjornO

Thanks for the help guys.I had forgotten how FS9 handles navaids compared to earlier versions, and you'll have to change it for each airport. Wonder how FSX will deal with navaids.I'll have a look at AFCAD, or simply go back to an old FMC database.And I meant Venice of course, and not Turin... :)Cheers!