Sign in to follow this  
Guest kjolsnes

LNAV Cutting short of waypoints on approach?

Guest kjolsnes

Gents,Had a flight from ENZV to EKCH (Stavanger to Copenhagen) and choosed the Rosbi2c STAR for a ILS landing on RWY22L. Everything worked according to plan until I was approaching D17 waypoint before turning right for intercepting Localizer, instead of overflying my D17 waypoint LNAV made a shortcut before reaching D17 waypoint and turned right far before and straight towards the LAMOX IAF waypoint overshooting the turn and missing it as well. LNAV also plottet a left turn white dottet circle to the left as this was happening?? I have attached the ILS approach plate. I just cant understand what I did wrong. Should I have set a intercept course to LAMOX. Is there anyway to tell the FMC that it HAS to overfly a certain fix like a IAF? The speed was around 200 when this happened.I will try to make a screenshot as well and pass on.Best regardsKjetil OlsnesNorway - Sandnes

The SIDSTARs file may not be exactly correct. The keyword OVERFLY needs to be used to force an overfly (FIX OVERFLY D17 instead of FIX D17). I always use the INTERCEPT keyword when I want the track to intercept a localizer or radial.There is a recent procedures file for EKCH at www.navdata.at that you might give a try; however, I have not myself tried it out.You can also learn to edit these yourself. The PMDG OPS wiki library has an article on SIDSTARS; and Terry Yingling has an excellent tutorial available at planepath.comHope this helps

Dan Downs KCRP

Guest kjolsnes

Thanks!Kjetil