Sign in to follow this  
Guest hirnwut

Fuel/Save Problem

Guest hirnwut

Hi there. Don't know if this issue was discussed before. I am currently flying from EDDF to KSFO again and saved 1000 nm before T/D.The weird thing was I had aprox. 95.000 lbs of fuel on board. When I loaded the game again I had the same amount of fuel onboard, but the distribution in the tanks has changed.Before saving I had something about 12.5 in Main 1, 40 in Main 2, 40 in Main 3 and 12.5 in Main 4. Ok, I know it's an assymetrical distribution and only 2 and 3 were feeding the engines. Anyway: when I loaded the game again, the distribution was 23.7, 23.7, 23.7, 23.7! I immediatly got the EICAS message Fuel/Tank Engine and switched off the X-Feeds 1 and 4 to get the Tank to Engine Setup.Isn't the PMDG able to save the fuel correctly or did I do something wrong?Regards@lex

I've noticed this too, it can be annoying, it's because the fuel management system PMDG put together puts the fuel on and works out the right distribution. Unfortunately, it's not right as it was... I usually (and I know you're not supposed to) edit the fuel tanks manually with the fuel distribution I left it with.Craig

Craig Read, EGLL

"Ok, I know it's an assymetrical distribution and only 2 and 3 were feeding the engines."How did you get to an asymmetrical condition in the first place? Was there some kind of fuel fault? PMDG is just loading the tanks the way they should be loaded.Wing tanks should be equal with this light fuel load. Proper fuel distribution helps relieve the stress on the wing/airframe.Cheers.Q>

I dare say you may have been doing domething wrong. Once you get to ~120 lb, all tanks should have approximately equal amounts of fuel. This is achieved by turning off the crossfeeds. Are you sure you're namaging the fuel properly?