Sign in to follow this  
Guest kelvin

737 ng

Guest kelvin

Hi i'm new to this whole thing i've just got a couple of questions1: the manuals you get on the computer that are abnormal and normal procedures what program do i open them in or if anyone has got a copy could they send them to me?2: can you fly the 737 ng aircraft with just basic autopilot ie altitude , heading, speed or do u have to hav a pre programed flight plan?

Guest woottsbj25

Hi there!1, The manuals can be opened with Adobe Acrobat Reader. it's freely downloadable from this website:http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobat/readstep2.htmlIf you install that and opn the manuals with it, they should work fine.2, Yes, the 737 can be flown using just the basic autopilot functions. ear in mind that you will not be getting a full and accurate simulation of the aircraft if you do this.Heading: Simply input your required heading into the heading window and engage the Heading Select mode.Altitude: Input your required altitude into the ALT window, and then us VS mode as normal. Alternatively, you can just engage ALT mode and it will hold your current altitude.Speed: Input your speed into the SPD window and engage SPD mode. Ensure your autothrottle is armed when you do this.Again, if you really want to get your money's worth out of this product, I reccomend that you learn operation of the FMC and the systems - it's a steep learning curve at first, but very rewarding in the end.Hope this helps!

Guest planeman223

Hello and welcome to the PMDG forum. I'm glad you are starting out with a plane alot more manageable than the 744. There are a lot of guys that come in here asking the most simple questions such as how to set the altimeter. It drives me up the wall as to why they think they can manage a huge airliner. They should be getting familiar with the default cessna. As to your questions, the man who answered before me has got it right on the money. I started out just like you but wouldnt even think about not using the FMC today. It is the brains of the whole airplane. Read through the FMC section, see how it goes, experiment alittle, and if you have questions just post them here they will be answered in an hour or so..Hope this helps...Alex

Guest kelvin

THanks guys so much i'll give that a shot but i dont think ill try the FMC cause u've gotta know evertin about you departure cruise and arrival. when i tried the tutorial flight i think i must hav done somtin wron cause i ended up decending and attemting to land in a runway that didnt exist which was weird. but if any of you hav any YSCB-YSSYYSSY-YMMLYSCB_YMML routes that would be great or if anyone knew how to find the info you need to program into the FMC that would be great toThanx heapsKelvin

Kelvin.here is a good and easy link to find routes:http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/For YSSY - YMML you can get:Cruise altitude between FL210 and FL370YSSY (0.0nm) -SID-> WOL (41.4nm) -H65-> RAZZI (92.1nm) -Q29-> TANTA (177.8nm) -Q29-> RUMIE (225.1nm) -Q29-> NABBA (265.2nm) -Q29-> TAREX (330.2nm) -STAR-> YMML (385.8nm) Details:--------------------------------------------------------------------------------ID FREQ TRK DIST Coords Name/RemarksYSSY 0 0 S33

Guest kelvin

THanx Heaps guys ur amazing This stuff has worked out great really apreciate the helpKelvin!

Guest snyperAL

I started out flying with the basic auto pilot heading alt speed etc, now I've started using the FMC more and more, putting departing and arriving airports in takeoff speeds and all that good stuff. I even found out if you put a landing runway it, it gives you a nice pretty line to follow, I think soon I'll start playing with VNAV and LNAV, but for me its been a slow process with a bit of flying and a bit of reading.One thing for sure, they sure are beautiful planes!Alan