Sign in to follow this  
Slick9

I screwed up my sound cfg....

I am embarrased to say it but I hosed my sound config on the 744. I was trying to edit the sound file to add sounds for external start up and shut down and somehow now I am missing a bunch of sounds and i have some sounds playing at the wrong da** time. For example startup sound when I lower flaps. can someone email me the version 5.0 original sound cofig, I thought I had backed it up, but I guess not. Also, I occasionally get (when I am hand flying on takeoff) a warning on the EICAS "ENG 1 RPM Limiter" "ENG 2 RPM Limiter" and the same for ENG 3 and 4. I have searched the manual and the forum and PMDG Ops with no luck for an explanation. I thought the Electronic Engine Control System or something that sounds like that prevented the engines from being run at potentially damaging N1 rpms. Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!

Hi Richard,RE: Your sound config. Anyone who sends this file to you is *potentially* putting themselves at risk of action from PMDG, as even the component parts of the package in isolation are subject to copyright laws.I'd suggest either re-installing the 744 or contacting PMDG directly, though be aware that by tampering with the cfg file you will have technically waived your entitlement to support. Hopefully PMDG will help you out in this case!Always make a backup if you're going to make changes to files like this. :-)RE: Your "RPM Limiter" EICAS message. You will sometimes see this as the thrust limit goes from the T/O to CLB regime. When this happens, the EEC limiters reduce the maximum thrust limit by a few %N1. If the thust is at or near the EEC T/O limit and the CLB thrust kicks in, the thrust can briefly be above the new limit. It's not a major issue unless the message persists for more than a few seconds.Hopefully I've got this correct. Anyone else wish to clarify anything?Chrs

Mark Adeane - NZWN
Boeing777_Banner_BetaTeam.jpg

Hey Mark - thanks for the response. I definitely don't want to violate any PMDG copyright issues - so I do apologize guys if my request does that. I think I will go ahead and fix the config myself it isn't too hard to do - it's just time consuming. It took me so long to get my FS set up working just right I dread taking the risk of reinstalling any of my major add-ons unless there is no other option. Hopefully the PMDG sound update will be out soon. Thanks for the explanation on the Engine RPM limiter, it's been bugging me for a while - nice to know what is going on.Richard

Guest snyperAL

"RE: Your "RPM Limiter" EICAS message. You will sometimes see this as the thrust limit goes from the T/O to CLB regime. When this happens, the EEC limiters reduce the maximum thrust limit by a few %N1. If the thust is at or near the EEC T/O limit and the CLB thrust kicks in, the thrust can briefly be above the new limit. It's not a major issue unless the message persists for more than a few seconds."I like that, i dont know what it means, but i like it.I guess it could be possible to install to a different directory and use the files from there to replace the ones you nerfed. This would be a lengthy process and wouldnt be guarenteed to work. but if the notion of complete uninstall + re- install is bad then it might be worthwhile...ALan