Sign in to follow this  
SubOne@YPPH

Strange Sounds/Squeals and Scenery Add-ons

Hi All,Two questions.........I seem to recall that I read a string of posts some time ago regarding strange noises that suddenly start while flying 747-400. They are annoying squeals/screeches that come over the top of the normal audio (cockpit wind noise/engine noise etc) and can sometimes last a few minutes. In my situation, this noise starts when I go to an external view and then back to normal 2D view - the noise will usually, but not always, go away after I grab an external view again. Is this something to do with the video card RAM size?The second part to this post is - does anyone know of a site that has scenery download links that cover most main cities/areas of the world? I was recently browsing through many websites and come across one (which I didn't bookmark!!) that gave you the ability to click on a world region (eg SE Asia/Europe/Africa etc) which then went to an enlarged view of that particular region and which then showed the major cities for that region. Clicking on a city would then lead you to various scenery downloads that may be available for that city/airport(s). The site was probably the best 'all-in' site that covered the world for scenery add-on files that I have seen, but now can't find it again... doh.....!!!Thanks in advance,Guy

>Hi All,>>Two questions.........>>I seem to recall that I read a string of posts some time ago>regarding strange noises that suddenly start while flying>747-400. They are annoying squeals/screeches that come over>the top of the normal audio (cockpit wind noise/engine noise>etc) and can sometimes last a few minutes. In my situation,>this noise starts when I go to an external view and then back>to normal 2D view - the noise will usually, but not always, go>away after I grab an external view again. Is this something>to do with the video card RAM size?>>The second part to this post is - does anyone know of a site>that has scenery download links that cover most main>cities/areas of the world? I was recently browsing through>many websites and come across one (which I didn't bookmark!!)>that gave you the ability to click on a world region (eg SE>Asia/Europe/Africa etc) which then went to an enlarged view of>that particular region and which then showed the major cities>for that region. Clicking on a city would then lead you to>various scenery downloads that may be available for that>city/airport(s). The site was probably the best 'all-in' site>that covered the world for scenery add-on files that I have>seen, but now can't find it again... doh.....!!!>>Thanks in advance,>GuyAnyone able to help with my original questions....???Thanks,Guy

Hi GuyCan help with the second part>>The second part to this post is - does anyone know of a site>>that has scenery download links that cover most main>>cities/areas of the world? I was recently browsing through>>many websites and come across one (which I didn't>bookmark!!)>>that gave you the ability to click on a world region (eg SE>>Asia/Europe/Africa etc) which then went to an enlarged view>of>>that particular region and which then showed the major>cities>>for that region. Clicking on a city would then lead you to>>various scenery downloads that may be available for that>>city/airport(s). The site was probably the best 'all-in'>site>>that covered the world for scenery add-on files that I have>>seen, but now can't find it again... doh.....!!!>>>>Thanks in advance,>>Guy>Try herehttp://walhalla.mine.nu/fs2004.phpMaybe not the one you found but is good.Phillip