Sign in to follow this  
Guest crosswinds

Joystick qs

Guest crosswinds

Hello ppl!Just a joystick issue... may be.... with a Saitek 3D FFB stick:>> AP climb profile is maintained. No problems w/ AP or AT maintaining determined profile.>> Upon reaching cruise the speed climbs up conveniently to over speed & does not decelerate to hold CRZ profile. Moving the THR slider on the joystick does bring it down. But I tried configuring & re-configuring w the latest drivers but doesnt solve the issue.Any help much cppreciated!- Jay

Hi JayI am a little confused by your post, I am guessing you are referring to the 747 family. I have a Saitek joystick but not your model so not sure we can compare. What is bothering me with your post is that you seem to be mentioning Autopilot and Autothrottle, and then saying that your throttle control on the joystick is affecting things. My understanding of things is that the joystick is switched out of operation as soon as you select the autopilot. so not sure what you are trying to explain? if no one else solves your problem pehaps a better description of the problem may help.regardsJohn Calleja

John Calleja

Picture6.jpg

Jay,Open up the PMDG options menu and ensure that the two boxes in the "Control Overide section are NOT checked. I'm almost positive this is the issue.Read this for the long explanation on why:http://ops.precisionmanuals.com/wiki/PMDG_...are_and_FeedingEssentially, when those boxes are checked, your Autothrottle is behaving exactly like the real one - unfortunately most people don't have motorized servos in their joystick to ensure that the physical throttle position is actually set to what the AT is commanding when the active mode goes to HOLD.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Guest Loiosh

I wish. Does anyone know of any companies that makes motorized throttles? I remember TailD mentioning a $3,000 setup, but I never could find it.

Guest crosswinds

Thanks for your replies, appreciate it.Being squeezed of time I may have left some ambiguity about my querry, but my main poblem is with Auto Thottle not being able to maintain cruise / climb profile. To briefly elaborate- during climb the CDU displays this message "MAX TGT ALT FL187" when my VNAV is showing the cruise buffet of FL317-FL350. The Auto Throttle mode from the FMA dis-engages and the aircraft starts veering into its own mood swings.The funny part is I just recently installed my Sim package on a new note book comp. Things work super-smooth on my desktop, even the joystick behaves itself, its just coming up on this new installation. I will try un-installing & re-installing the QOS pkg. I adhered to the installation sequence since I have the NG series too. The notebook config is very solid 512 MB NVidia GO7900 Series Video Card(Latest drivers), w/ 2GB Ram, XP Media Center Edition, et al, so there shouldn't be a capacity issue for sure.... kinda bewildered here....In the meantime, would appreciate anyone having more specific idea for the cause of my problem.Thanks again,Jay

Guest crosswinds

Ok ppl, I'm hoping I've nailed the issue now. Just did a clean re-install of the 747-QOS package and did a run between EGLL-KLAX. Un-eventful flight- for the better!Thanks,Jay