Sign in to follow this  
alastairmonk

Newbie: only one add on at a time???

Finally decided to install some addon scenery, two airports in Italy for msfs2002 from Avsim. Each looks great when only one is loaded but when loaded both and tried to switch from one airport to the other for departure one would not be loaded. If I went into the "addon" scenery menu within msfs2002 and changed the file that was being selected than only that airport would load but is this typical? Can you only have one scenery operating and you must choose that one before you fly? Tried this many time with differnt addons but no luckThanks a lotJoe Hallstein

Help AVSIM continue to serve you!
Please donate today!

In general, you can install as many add-on airports as you want ! The only exception that springs to mind is if the two add-ons are for the same airport !There's lots of help out there for adding to the basic FS2002, but here's some basic pointers:1) Put your add-ons in a folder other than FS2002Addon Scenery. Many install to folders outside FS2002 itself (eg. c:Scenery)2) Initially extract the add-on to a temporary folder, check out what you have , and only then move it to where you want to keep it.3) Read the "readme"s that come with the package. Sometimes you have to add the scenery within FS2002, exit, and then modify the scenery.cfg file manually by adding "Flatten" or "Exclude" statements.4) Often different add-on sceneries by the same author use the same textures, so can be combined in the one sub-folder, thus saving space. But watch for Exclude or Flatten statements, where this may not be possible.If you care to specify which two airports you tried to install, we may be able to help further !Cheers,

Hi Joe !I downloaded the two files (venice2k2.zip & palermo2k2.zip) and installed them in my system in the nos. 1 & 2 spots.In both cases the scenery was displayed normally when both were active and irrispective of whether Venice or Palermo was higher in priority. Deactivating either made no difference to the appearance of the other, and confirmed in each case that changes were visible compared to the default scenery.In each case the airport was accessed using the main Search listing rather than the Addon listing, where neither airport appeared.I can only suggest that you check that the scenery is installed as:LIPZ2K2 and LICJ2K2 notVenice2K20LIPZ2K2 and Palermo2K2LICJ2K2In my case I installed them in:FS2002SceneryVenice andFS2002SceneryPalermo(just changing the names of the root folder for clarity)each with 3 bgl files in the Scenery folder and 72/57 texture files in the Texture folder.Perhaps if you try reinstalling both sceneries you might have better luck.Let me know how you get on !