Sign in to follow this  
GTI1741

737 NG, 744, 737-800,900 Installation order

I currently have the 737-600,700 and the 747-400 installed on my computer. I am thinking of purchasing the 737-800,900 and need to know if I can without difficulties install it now after the fact that the 737-600,700 and the 747-400 is already installed. I recall reading somewhere, but cannot find it now, the order of installation and was also wondering if it applies to the 800,900. I do not want to un-install and re-install any of the PMDG aircraft. In the OPS page I found an unsupported walkaround to install the 737NG after the 747-400 and do not know if this would apply.Ken

I was able to find this on the download support page: 747-400 Queen of the Skies Owners:If you own 747-400 Queen of the Skies make sure you install it AFTER 737 The Next GenerationInstallation Order* 1 - First: 737 The Next Generation 2 - Second: 747-400 Queen of the Skies *only if you own and use PMDG 747-400 Queen of the Skies This is still unclear to me and would appreciate some clarification.Thanks,Ken

We are in the same boat with respect to what software we own. I asked this question awhile back, and PMDG recommends the following:In this order:737-600/700; then737-800/900; then747-400 PAX; then747-400 F.So, what they recommended I do, is uninstall the -600/700 by downloading the 737 removal tool in the download section. Then, uninstall the 744(p and F).Basically, just restart the sequence as if you haven't bought anything.After uninstalling all PMDG stuff, download in the order referenced above.This is precisely why I decided not to get the -800/900. It would mean completely uninstalling everything, and to me, it's not really worth it. And, in addition, they are coming out with the newer 737 product.It was too consumer unfriendly for my taste. But, I am happy with the -600/700, so to me, it's moot.GL.

I was afraid of that, I'll wait for the new product. Thanks GL.Ken