Sign in to follow this  
Guest SkoalFyfan

Flight Plans - FMC Incompatibility

Guest SkoalFyfan

Ok, I hope someone might be able to explain what I've done wrong here. I want to fly a 737-700 from Frankfurt (EDDF) to Vienna (LOWW).My problem right now is programming the FMC in pre-flight for my -flightplan.I'm using FSBUILD for flight planning and I've got the following route down (note: i turned off stored routes and had it calculate one since the stored route only gave me DCT markers):EDDF - DCT > RIDAR - VIA UL605 > EGG - VIA UM749 > FRE - DCT > RINIG - VIA STO11 > LOWWI can program the FMC fine in the RTE page till RINIG. After I've punched in RINIG I go to the DEP/ARR page and go to LOWW Arrivals expecting to find the STO11 STAR via RINIG transition but it shows NO STARS available? This is where my confusion begins :)So it seems that my AIRAC is out of sync with FSBUILD 2.2 ??? I know I have the latest AIRAC installed. How do most of you do this and handle keeping these in sync? at least I think this is my problem?Though oddly when I go to the FMC for the first time in pre-flight and go to POS INIT and set EDDF as my origin, as soon as I punch in EDDF the FMC says something such as "SID error, line 5" followed by "FIX error, line 7". I'm paraphrasing that but it's close. I get no such error when I flew the Fred Clausen tutorial. Kind of odd? Any direction or guidance would be much appreciated!!!Cheers,Paul**** EDIT: I just noticed on the AIRAC site that you can download SID / STAR updates as well. I gather everyone always makes sure wherever they are flying they have these updates? Even with these updates, looking at the files I can see there are no stars or sids that relate to what FSBUILD 2.2 gives me but if I use the WWW RouteFinder service it seems accurate and I think I can plan a proper flight. Do most use RouteFinder?

The FSBuild 2.2 SIDs matched pretty closely the plates I have from about 2005 distributed with Aerosoft's EDDF. I did not check LOWW.The PMDG SID/STARS from the navdata site are contributed by users such as Terry Yingling(?) at http://planepath.com/ and Dan Downs on this forum for use in the FMC.At EDDF many of the SIDs are runway dependent mostly RNAV departures. There appears to be only one chart for navaid SID departure.If you know which runway direction you are departing from in FSB from charts you can pick the correct runway SID and replace the stored route SID with yours.If you had in FSB Exclude SID/STARS checked in Build Options then only enroute is included.Here is what I got from the stored route:EDDF-DKB7G.DKB-WLD-UW73-FRE-STO-LOWW. I could have deleted in the route window DKB7G.DKB and checked another SID in the departure window and do a BUILD not Auto-Generate at that point.When FSB exports to FS9 and the FMC, airways, SIDs and STARS export the waypoints comprising them. If you use FSB for SID/STAR planning, export to PMDG, and import as a company route, then all waypoints will be in synch. This is the best method especially if the SIDs and STARs are not in the FMC database yet. This synchs up ATC.FS ATC is more rigid than Radar Contact. With FS9 however you can choose to fly an IAP for arrival and I believe it will let you fly whatever is in your FMC database. Radar Contact does offer this. I am only going by what others have stated about FS9 ATC.What I do is for arrival wait until Approach assigns the runway and then if the STAR is runway specific load it into the FMC including the runway IAP and declare an IAP approach to ATC which lets you follow it.Back to FSB. You can auto-generate a plan and then modify it in the route window perhaps if you wish changing or adding a SID/STAR from its departure and arrival airport windows. Then do a BUILD, not auto-generate, the second time around.You definitely need plates to get things right so you know hpw SIDs and STARs apply. For the US I use resources from flightaware.com. For other non-FAA plates I can find many from the various chapters of VATSIM. For Austria the resource is here:http://www.vacc-sag.org/?PAGE=airport_overviewTo get started to locate European chapters go here:http://vateud.org/default.php?section=1⊂=0